English for Speakers of other Languages (ESOL)
We believe language is key to social integration and interaction, and vital in bringing communities together. Our ESOL team is here to offer residents the opportunity to learn English in a way that suits them best.
Free weekly drop-in sessions across the Borough
- Monday - Friday.
- We'll assess and understand your current language levels and learning needs, allowing us to refer you to the most appropriate provider and ESOL classes in the borough.
- Everyone is welcome, no need to book
We refer learners onto formal and informal classes run by both statutory and voluntary providers.
If you or someone you know would be interested in attending one of our advice sessions, you can drop by at any of the slots.
- 1st Monday of every month, 9.30am to 3.30pm @ The Mill, 7-11 Coppermill Lane, Walthamstow, E17 7HA
- 2nd Monday of every month, 1 to 4pm @ Waltham Forest Resource Hub, 58 Hall Lane, Chingford, E4 8EU
- Every Tuesday, 5.30 to 7pm @ Walthamstow Library, High Street, E17 7JN
- Every Wednesday, 9.30 am to 12,30pm @ Leytonstone Library, Church Lane, Leytonstone, E11 1HG
- Last Thursday of every month, 9.30am to 12.30pm @ Jubilee Centre, Cathall Road, Leytonstone, E11 4LA
Every other Friday from the 4th October, 10am - 12pm @ Priory Court Children Centre, 11 Priory Court, South Countess Road, Walthamstow, E17 5NB
Get in touch
If you would like to speak to us directly, please contact:
Michela Pomati ESOL SPOC Manager Michela.firstname.lastname@example.org
Ruth Doyle ESOL Service Advisor Ruth.email@example.com
If you work for a service or organisation which supports residents with ESOL needs, please get in touch using the contact details above.